Sunday, January 18, 2009

NFL Playoffs..!

It's been another week in Hasselt now. Sometimes it seems like I've been here forever and then two seconds later it feels like I just got here. The more things change the more they're the same. Classes are getting a little more involved but they're isn't anything real bad yet. I'm translating a couple groups work into more correct English language so that it is presentable information.

Went to a couple new bars and a couple new restaruants this week. Have consumed alot of pasta, it's the only thing that I am for sure about on the menus, but even the pasta is very different from American style. The Lasgne at De Orangie was scrumptous!

Worst part of last week was going to the Irish Pub in town and trying to keep pace with Ruben, I've never hated a beer more than I now hate Guiness. However drinking Guiness appearently gives you and your friends the ability to do karioke. Rumor has it there are pictures of a couple of us singing Destiny Child-Bootylicous. Not my proudest moment!

Got to talk to Danny & Jake on Skype this week. Was really fun to get to see some people from back home. If anyone has a Skype account, give me a call on it sometime, love getting to talk to people back home.

I found a little park right next to the dorms that has a little trial. With some encouragement from a friend I think I've been convinced to run another marathon this Summer so I've started doing some running. Definately been a while since I've used the legs, but it feels really good. Plus it's cool to say you "ran in Europe" , still pretty far-fetched.

Traveling is yet to intiate so to speak. I think I'm going snowboarding up North in The Netherlands on Tuesday this week and then going to Rome next Friday-Sunday to do some sight seeing! I'm pretty excited to get some pictures and stories to tell!

I've recently found a radio podcast on iTunes from ESPN...basically I found a link back to US sports, and it is awesome! Haven't been caught up on it in weeks and I turned it on today to find out the NFL Conference Championship games were on today back home! My excitement prompted the title for this blogging.

We'll hopefully this entertains you guys for a while! Hope all is well, love ya, take care!

Ciao, PJ!

1 comment:

  1. Peej!

    I just caught up on everything you have been doing... sounds like so much fun! I wonder who encouraged you to do the marathon... :)

    Just in case you are interested... A guy named Rik studied at NW this past semester, and he is from the Netherlands! He just got back... and he lives in the Maastricht area! Small world. Anyway... I'm enjoying reading these!

    mal

    p.s. I laughed at the first post, because you used the word "nutso." haha.

    ReplyDelete